Munich, 4 February 2019 – NEC Display Solutions Europe today announces a major extension to its range of Direct View LED (dvLED) solutions for indoor and outdoor signage, as well as meeting room applications.
NEC has a strong pedigree in dvLED, with successful installations at major venues including several prestigious customer references. The new additions to the company’s dvLED portfolio are designed for a wide variety of industries and applications, and represent the outcome of joint developments between NEC and S[quadrat], the LED pioneers acquired by NEC in April 2018.
The companies are offering new dvLED solutions that provide excellent reliability and uptime, ensuring a future-proofed investment for users. The new dvLED range comprises the following series, many of which will be shown working at NEC’s stand at ISE 2019 (5-R20):
- NEC FA2 Series (FinePitch Advanced) - wide aspect 16:9 fine pitch modules for standard resolution with intelligent magnetic pixel cards and full front maintenance; for easy installation with integrated cable management for power and data
- NEC FA2 Series Bundles – a complete solution for different sized standard resolution screens from HD to UHD. Featuring fine pitch LED module bundles starting from 1.2mm pixel to allow high resolution content viewing and flexible installation thanks to wall-mount or free-standing with an elegant stand. NEC will demonstrate two models at its ISE 2019 stand: a 1.9mm pixel pitch, 165” HD screen for signage, and a 1.5mm pixel pitch, 137” HD screen for meeting and conferencing
- LED Q Series (Square) – easily configured ½ metre square modules that can be flexibly installed to meet the needs of individual projects. Featuring easy service and maintenance, the Q Series provides an ideal solution for numerous applications. Visitors to ISE 2019 can view an impressive art installation using Q Series modules
- LED S Series (Slim) – designed for shop window applications, the S Series represents an excellent value lightweight solution for the retail sector. At ISE 2019, NEC will be demonstrating a 3.6mm pixel pitch shop-window screen based on the S Series
- LED A Series (Poster) – an ultra slim and lightweight design for mobile signage and wayfinding applications and roll up replacement, the A Series features true plug and play with integrated media player. Visitors to ISE 2019 can see the A Series being used for reception area digital signage
“This February marks the first anniversary of NEC’s acquisition of S[quadrat], one of the world’s leading providers of LED displays, and our new product launches reflect how we have combined our expertise to create new technologies that will have a massive impact in a range of industries,,” said Andreas Brockschmidt, Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing at S[quadrat].
“Our customers are looking for ways to impress their audiences and to communicate their message clearly and effectively in even the brightest indoor and outdoor environments, whether it’s for retail, transportation or corporate use. These new LED solutions represent NEC’s and S[quadrat]’s shared values of creating superb quality products and combining them with outstanding levels of support and services. Thanks to our commitment to using the best quality components and following the most robust manufacturing standards, our customers can be sure that their investment in LED technology will be sustainable and future-proof.”
The latest range of Direct View LED solutions will be on show at the – at NEC stand at ISE 2019 in Amsterdam. To learn more about S[quadrat], please visit their stand in Hall 8, Booth 8-A100. S[quadrat] will showcase the FA015i controlled via Hiperwall software in a control room scenario and the B039i wall for indoor flight information application.