NEC Solutions Zone
In a highly competitive market, KFC relies on new technologies to stay ahead of the competition. Using NEC displays embedded with Raspberry Pi computing, Digital Menu Boards at the fast food chicken outlet react quickly to changing offers to satisfy its customers’ appetites.
NEC Display Solutions, m&r Kreativ and IT-Haus GmbH delivered a full-service solution to the fast food giant KFC.
In cooperation with the system house IT-Haus GmbH, professional large format displays from NEC were installed in the sales area comprising 48” MultiSync® P484 and 40” MultiSync® P404 models, with integrated Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3.
Thanks to an impressive brightness of 700 cd/m² and the screens’ anti-reflective coating, the range of food on offer is superbly presented, readable even in bright ambient conditions. The modern and slim design fits perfectly into the brand’s modern interior design. Brand recognition is also guaranteed as KFC’s iconic CI colours - white on bright red - are accurately reproduced.
KFC also decided to integrate digital menu boards in cooperation with the advertising agency, m&r Kreativ. „Unlike the analogue alternative, digital menu boards emphasise KFC‘s modern brand presence,“ Lisa Probst, the Head of IT at m&r Kreativ, says. „They enable a mix of flexible product presentation, infotainment and interaction with customers. KFC can provide its customers with better information and positively influence their purchasing patterns“.
„We are more than satisfied with the result. Even at the age of 50, KFC is a young, modern brand and should be perceived as such“ says Dr Thorsk Westphal, Chief Marketing Officer at Yum! Restaurants International, the parent company of KFC. „We now plan to replace all indoor posters gradually with digital options in order to become even more flexible“.
Delivery of six InfoBoxes with dual touch monitors 55” installed at Warsaw Chopin Airport devices are IB REACTA 2x55. They were made from epoxy laminate with dedicated software KIOSK BROWSER based on Digital Signage DINE platform.
DS DINE software is an application used for content presentation in client-server architecture. It is dedicated for systems based on large displays as well as touch screens (single and multi-touch), and monitors used in the InfoBoxes and Totems. It guarantees presentation and remote updates various content on multimedia mediums.
DS DINE allows preparation, projection and remote management of the content within respective modules
Specific information, advertisements and messages are directed to exact mediums, at precise time with content fitted to display’s location.
Infoboxes at Warsaw Chopin Airport are part of Platforma Lokalizacji Pasażerów system implemented by company INOVATICA. Our task included design, production and installation of the product. The challenge was not only the high demands for utility of Infoboxes, but also the logistics of the installation. InfoBox in the airport hall is not only functional and modern, but also very stable. Thanks to our project, the device can be also used by the disabled on the wheelchairs. Due to situation that InfoBoxes were not only installed in the land side, but also in the air side, work could be done only at night at the specific hours. Completion of the task confirmed design, production and installation high competences of our employees.
Waapiti, the most intuitive digital signage platform, integrated into the P and V series of NEC
The challenge: Jean Louis David hair salons sector had a problem of not having the flexibility and immediacy to change pricing and promotions in the windows.
The aim: to speed up and provide flexibility to Jean Louis David hair salons franchise when promoting their services in the windows, and attract customers, as well as generating cross-selling.
The solution: In this case, in San Fernando Jean Louis David’s franchise, the problem was solved through the implementation of 55” professional vertical screen in the windows that integrates Waapiti digital signage platform into Raspberry Pi Firmware.
The success: is achieved through a communication consulting service that comes from the Waapiti content department, as well as a customer support & technical maintenance team. The content design service and self-management of each hair salon provide a remarkable value for a franchise brand: adapting two campaign each year, creating templates and managing contents weekly. Projects like this one demonstrate that a digital signage service goes far beyond just equipment.
Advantages of Waapiti digital signage platform:
SaaS platform cloud based
Linux-based player software
Total stability: local playback
co-management & access from different user levels
Management based on tags
Dynamic content: smart playlists and HTML templates
Waapiti’s Raspberry Pi firmware developed for digital signage is very advanced in terms of functionality and is a simple and clear way to offer a unique and complete solution of digital signage.
Advantages of working on a integrated hardware on the manufacturer’s display:
Ease of installation and maintenance
reduces amount of necessary cabling (power, connectivity, serial control)
About Waapiti - The Waapiti digital signage platform is integrated into the P and V series of NEC large format professional displays. The Waapiti platform has a good track record in the market: over 7 years running and more than 1,000 players installed. Also, being one of the first platforms to use the Raspberry Pi hardware has given Waapiti a lot of experience, which results in great stability in digital signage projects.
Yodeck - Cloud Digital Signage on the Raspberry Pi
Who said that Digital Signage is just about the Display or the Player? Yodeck.com is a complete Digital Signage cloud service that powers thousands of screens around the world and used by big brands, such as Dominos, Pizza Hut, Delta and UPS.
What can you do with Yodeck?
- Manage what gets displayed on public screens, how, and when it gets displayed
- Show combined layouts of Videos/PPT, Images, YouTube, Web, Live Streams, RSS Tickers, Widgets
- Use the same Player for Digital Signage and In-Store Audio
- Super-Easy Central Management Dashboard
- One Yodeck Player Connected to Each Monitor
- Simple & Affordable Pricing: Monthly/Annual Fee per Monitor
- Innovative Features Coming Up
What is unique about Yodeck?
Yodeck combines three characteristics that, together, make it unique:
- Designed for Low-Cost Player Hardware - currently works with:
- NEC Vxx4 & Pxx4 series displays, or
- external Raspberry Pi 3 Player we provide, ready to be used
- any Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3, Zero, Compute Module
- playback is hardware-accelerated on all options, for smooth playback
- Affordable service pricing - with remote support and software updates included
- Easy but Powerful Management Dashboard - supports any kind of content you can think of, while still staying simple so that anyone can use it
Why is Yodeck better than others?
- Unparallel Content Compatibility
- Typical Media: Images (any format), Videos (any format), Web Sites and HTML ZIP files
- Documents: PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Streams: YouTube, Ustream, HLS, UDP, RTP and more
- Widgets: RSS Tickers (Scrolling Texts), clocks, Weather, and more
- Flexible & Easy Management
- Intuitive Web User Interface, so that any User or Department (HR, Marketing, etc) can manage content
- Mass-manage huge number of Media, with folders
- Create Playlists, with instant transitions between all types of content
- Define Shows (layouts), arranging Media/Playlists in a drag-and-drop screen layout editor
- Schedule playback, with a calendar-like view
- Easily manage thousands of screens using Tags
- Sub-Playlists and Tag-based Playlists for handling large collections of Media
- Proof-of-Play (Playback Reports)
- Enhanced Connectivity
- Ethernet (embedded or USB), WiFi (embedded or USB), 3G/4G/LTE (USB)
- HTTP Proxies, Web Filtering Access List, DHCP/StaticIP, and any networking configuration required
- Works over poor connections, can withstand total Internet outage of up to 30 days.
- Video-Wall Support (using 1 Player per screen + 1 "Master" Player)
- Increased Security
- Multiple Users with Permissions
- Detailed Access Control with "Workspaces", ideal for multiple content managers across different locations
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Encrypted Digital Signatures for verifying scheduling authenticity
- TLS for communication and content authenticity
- Hardened Player software, Firewalled
- Single-Sign On using SAML
- IP Whitelisting for Users
- Custom Password Policy
- Try Before You Buy
Who is using Yodeck and for what?
Yodeck is currently serving customers in the following industries:
- Menuboards - from small diners and cafes, incl. big brands like Dominos, Pizza Hut and McDonalds
- Internal Communications - companies of varying size and usage, incl. brands like Delta, Heineken and UPS
- Retail - businesses with physical store in a huge selection of retail industries, incl. brands like Flight Centre and American Express
- Dashboards / KPIs - display any kind of statistics and reports live on screens. incl. Brookhaven National Laboratory that use Yodeck to display status and statistics from their NSLS II particle accelerator.
- Transportation - from train stations schedule screens, to airports like Perth Airport
- Hospitality - used in tens of Hotels, in reception screens, Hotel channels, even pay-per-view STBs
- Healthcare - clinics, vetinaries, dentists, and more
- Betting - Betting Operators for in-shop live streaming and data feeds
- Education - several school districts, private schools, universities, research labs
- Promotional - countless businesses promoting their own services and activities
- Ad Networks - partners building networks, selling display time
With thousands of customers and more than 120 Partners in 30+ countries around the world, Yodeck can help any business make the best out of their screens.
info-beamer hosted offers a full digital signage platform optimized specifically for the Raspberry Pi. It makes use of all available hardware features of the Pi to deliver perfectly smooth, completely predicable and reliable results. All controlled by a cloud dashboard. Key features include:
- Hardware accelerated playback of FullHD (and 4K on the Pi4) videos.
- Perfectly smooth animations with full hardware support.
- A powerful web dashboard to manage one or thousands of devices.
- Programmatic control using a REST-APIs for complete automation and integration in other (existing) systems.
- Automatic security updates.
- A robust operating system with built-in self-checks and repairs.
- Various Video Wall options across any number of displays.
The platform makes it easy to create custom solutions for any use-case thanks to the complete REST-API, documentation and open design: Easily integrate existing infrastructure like content management or point of sale systems. Fine grained permissions allows controlled and secure account access for collaboration. Provided or custom developed digital signage solutions can be easily and reliably deployed on any number of devices thanks an incredibly simple installation process.
Please download the brochure to learn more about the challenges, the solution and the result of the installation @ Harry`s Restaurants.
Draco OPS+ KVM extender
The Draco OPS/OPS+ KVM extender simplifies the installation, operation and management of remote displays in retail signage, passenger information, medical and other applications.
A single module inserted into a standard OPS+ socket delivers HD and 4K video and digital audio connectivity, with full interactivity. Single wire connection – Cat X or fiber enables remote connection to displays up to 140 m / 10 km from the media source.
For hard-to-access and highly secure installations and for better system management the Draco OPS+ KVM extender delivers the ideal solution.
- High performance AV extension – Lossless video to 4K 60Hz, 4:4:4
- Single wire connection – Up to 140 m – 10 Km (Cat X and fiber)
- Safe, secure - Prevents eavesdropping and unauthorized access
- Flexible, instant switching – Matrix switchable, 8 – 576 ports
- Fully interactive – Instant USB 2.0, USB 3.0 data transfer
- Reliable - Built-in redundancy, hardware back-up
- Enhanced management – Monitoring and control of signage systems
- Ideal for signage applications – Retail, public venues, transport, finance
The Draco OPS+ KVM extender is compatible with every display with an OPS+ slot. Backward compatibility with OPS displays..
Flexible, maintainable and reliable
Allows displays to be located anywhere, with single cable connection and no additional power or network cables..
Maintains full interactivity for single/multi-touch and gesture displays.
Source switching: any source to any display
A KVM matrix switch enables simple connection of any source, of any signal type to any display; ensuring the right content is seen on every screen, whenever it is needed and wherever it is. Through a convenient user control interface or bespoke controller.
Reliability and continuous operation
By centrally locating source computers, system maintenance and up-time is improved. Controlled switching and enhanced monitoring from a central point raises confidence in the operational integrity of the display network.
Security in Operation
KVM extenders greatly enhance security by restricting physical access and preventing electrical intrusion. With controlled access to computers and secured access rights, only authorized personnel can reach sensitive and critical source devices.
BroadSign is the leading ad tech company providing secure and reliable automated digital signage software to media owners and operators across the globe. Enabling the effective management of dynamic content across complex global networks, BroadSign powers over 120,000 displays in venues such as airports, shopping malls, health clinics and cinemas.
BroadSign’s software suite includes BroadSign Core for content distribution, playback and proof of performance, BroadSign Serv Direct for sales inventory availability and proposal generation, and BroadSign Serv SSP for exposure to new buyers through a customized programmatic digital out-of-home solution.
Screenly digital signage management software
With Screenly, you can transform your NEC screens into powerful digital signs. Using an online Screenly account, you can manage your digital signs from anywhere.
Tiny hardware, huge impact
Using an add-on Screenly Player or built-in Raspberry Pi, you can display 1080p Full HD images, videos, web content, calendars, and more.
Manage a media empire from anywhere
Whether you have a single screen in your store or a thousand screens nationwide, you can manage your screens remotely using our powerful web interface and advanced scheduling features.
Fast digital signage setup
Upload content to the Screenly cloud, and display your content on your screens in just a few clicks. We take care of all the complicated parts, like video encoding and local caching.
Automatic updates and a focus on security
We keep your digital signs secure and functioning properly with automatic software updates. Users can also keep their digital signs secure with two-factor authentication.
Monitor display health remotely
Check the display status of each screen on a central dashboard within your online Screenly account. You can review each screen’s display and connectivity status remotely and receive updates if a screen experiences playback issues.
Get started with Screenly
You can get started with Screenly for free with our 14-day free trial.
Esprit Digital were selected to provide a full digital solution to Elan Media in the Mall of Qatar. In partnership with local integrator AVT Audio Visual Technology in Doha.
As an advertising network in a mall it is second-to-none anywhere in the world and has already proven a commercial success with brands from all market sectors. As standalone pieces of digital furniture deployed throughout a billion-dollar retail environment, they have been universally accepted and are currently being rolled out to other sites across the Middle East.
The client brief for this project was simple: create the biggest and best digital shopper environment in the Middle East. To date only a few airports in the region have embraced digital screen technology as a perfect medium to enhance their customer’s journeys and malls have almost exclusively stayed with traditional paper advertising systems. This will all change now as the Mall of Qatar has significantly raised the bar and demonstrated to undeniable effect how a well-thought out, well-planned, beautifully designed digital hardware installation can be a key differentiator in a competitive sector like shopping centres.
Esprit built totally bespoke double sided 70” LCD Pods (MUPI’s) which utilise the NEC P703 700Nit display. These highly stylised, iconic structures incorporate our latest Cortex thermal and remote management technology, which means maintenance visits are extremely rare if ever – almost any issue can be resolved from our Network Operating Centres around the world. Other features of this remarkable unit include LED side strips that change colour with content, full audience measurement, iBeacons and ClearSpace™, Esprit Digital’s proprietary sensor system which warns management of obstructions to their screens.
“From the beginning of this project we were very clear in our minds what we wanted to deliver. Very simply, a world class Digital OOH installation that would utilise the very latest and best technology available, would match the look and feel of the mall, and be a commercial success. We were also very clear about the type of partner
we needed, not just for access to the technology, but for design and implementation, and advice – delivering a real partnership. Esprit Digital have done all of this and more, and I am delighted that we selected them for this project”.
Jamie Ball, COO Elan Media.
Please download the brochure, or click the "more information" button to learn more about the challenges, the solution and the result of the digital menuboard solution @ Greggs restaurants.
McDonald’s - Restaurant of the Future
Digital Menu boards: Improve the customer experience with dynamic pictures and videos while increasing sales
The steam of a hot cup of coffee, melting cheese on a burger – vivid menu boards raise the attention of customers by their full motion appearance. The software allows to playback a combination of high quality videos, dynamic pictures and animated text, which captures customers emotions while the decision making procedure. It thereby improves the experience in the restaurant as well as it increases sales.
Interfaces to the McDonald’s enterprise resource planning system enables each regional restaurant to changes prices individually, communicate sellouts in live time, while the daily change of the menu boards based on the daytime runs automated, e.g. for the breakfast menu. In addition the intelligent software enables the employee to adjust the display of products adapted by weather’s conditions. The change of daily, weekly or monthly offers is managed centrally across the estate in case of branch systems. This allows a maximal flexibility and location based targeting. Beside the digital menu boards McDonald’s Deutschland implemented interactive terminals with nutrition tables and ingredients of the products in order to give the customers the whole spectrum of information.
- Presentation of the product range and special offers including location optimised advertising for targeted sales of selected products
- Increased sales through cross-selling and upselling by brand emotionalization
- Improved customer experience
- Flexibility through the opportunity to adjust e.g. prices in live time
- Reduced operational costs and workload of the personnel by the automatic change of the menu based on the prevailing weekdays and day times and the central administration
- Image enhancement and improvement of the offer perception
MDT’s digital signage software in combination with the NEC’s displays, which stand out due to the 5 years preservation of the model series, is the ideal long-term solution for an effective visual communication like information purposes, advertising or entertainment while providing a fully scalable system.
Coca Cola engaged the Swiss IT distributor and digital display solutions provider Littlebit Technology AG to develop a series of digital signage solutions for cinemas and movie theatres in cooperation with NEC Display Solutions and YCD Multimedia. It presented the solutions at the CineEurope 2016 in Barcelona.
Modern multiplex cinemas use digital technology both in the cinema hall and outside the auditoriums to inform and entertain with digital signage solutions. This allows cinema operators to significantly enhance the visitor experience while also increasing revenue and customer loyalty.
CineEurope is the biggest European trade fair for cinema operators and film distributors. Here, the entire sector comes together once a year. Coca Cola is the main sponsor, and provides the trade fair’s central meeting point with the enormous Coca Cola Lounge.
Coca Cola engaged Littlebit Technology and NEC Display Solutions to set the exhibition lounge up as an imaginary multiplex cinema, and equip it with digital signage solutions. This inspired the interested trade fair audience. Cinema operators were able to experience and be impressed by the signage solutions suitable for movie theatres:
- Signposting directions to the auditorium
- Price and programme information when tickets are issued
- Digital movie posters
- Large-format video screens for movie trailers and an exciting atmosphere
- Drink and food menu in the restaurant
- Teaser monitors that encourage additional sales with food and beverage content
NEC Display Solutions provided sophisticated large screens for the impressive presentation. Littlebit Technology supplied the displays with animated content, using axxiv players – a computer line from its own production. The solution was operated with the high-performance YCD Multimedia Cnario CMS Suite and a multi-touch solution by Mediaktion GmbH. Littlebit Technology also carried out the installation and on-site assembly.
Connected Cafe - Scala Self ordering solution
Ordering coffee is fun and easy with our ordering solution featuring a touchscreen kiosk. Take a selfie when sending in your order for coffee on the self-service tablet. When your drink is ready to pick up, your own picture appears on a video wall signaling that it’s ready to pick up and enjoy!
Retailers can expand on the experience using their own mobile app, proximity beacons and interactive display screens. Customers send in an order for their favorite cup of coffee from anywhere, any time using the app on their own mobile device, and also include a picture of themselves. Beacons detect when they’ve entered the area, the coffee starts brewing and their own picture pops up on the screen to alert them when their order is ready.
Increase sales and improve the customer experience with dynamic and engaging messaging @ Wendy`s.
Digital menu signs help deliver fast, high-quality service expected by customers visiting a fast casual or quick-service restaurant (QSR).
By presenting the right information in a clear way, customers can make decisions faster. In addition, your menus become extremely flexible because you can enter dynamic assortments and prices.
- Increase your sales per customer by cross-selling and up-selling
- Influence your patrons’ decision making by promoting your daily menu specials
- Change your pricing and menu offerings remotely, easily and in minutes
- Adapt your menu offerings automatically at different times of the day
- Easily test your promotions and price points
- Use eye-catching and mouthwatering video to make your products totally irresistible
- Display nutritional information requirements
- Decrease your printing costs
- Automate with interactive kiosks
- Make your message ACTIONABLE, able to both change customer behavior and change itself based on predictive analyticsand your own predefined goals.