NEC Solutions Zone
At the University of West of Scotland (UWS), a new technology-rich reception area has been created at the entrance to the Paisley campus named as “The Atrium”
The centre-piece of which is a single monolith, digital display wall:
- comprising of 32 off NEC X463UN 46” video wall displays in an 8x4 array
- overall size of the whole combine display is approx. 8.36 x 2.48M
Control is provided by a PIPView BlackBIRD video wall controller:
- managing a digital canvas of 32 displays each @ 1920x1080
- total native resolution of 15,360 x 4,320 available
- input of 16 channels – with 12 of these at 4K with stereo audio
There is a further video wall which is located behind the reception desk, control again is via another PIPView BlackBIRD unit:
- this is in a 3x3 array with the same 46” video wall display units
- total native resolution is 5,760 x 3,240
- with 4 off 4K inputs
For ease of operation, the system uses pre-set layout templates, easily selectable from a touch panel in reception.
With both video walls; to maintain quality across the whole digital canvas from the various input sources, all screens are driven at native HD resolution with the ability to display any input, any size, in any position (PIP picture in picture).
Jim O’Donnell, CIO at UWS commented “the new display area is incredible, it has been a huge hit with our students and staff alike. The technology will allow students to share digital output, bringing to life a key element of our DREAM-BELIEVE-ACHIEVE focus”
Located in Glasgow, Scotland the installation was completed in Spring 2016
The new facility was officially opened by H.R.H. the Princess Royal during a visit to the Campus on 12th February.
Fashion Retailer - UNIQLO Flagship Store London
A busy shopping street: With support from GOERTZ, UNIQLO opened a state-of-the-art flagship store in London’s Oxford Street, one of the most important and profitable shopping streets in Europe.
You can’t be modest if you want to make it in the Oxford Street area – many big brands compete for customers here. The design for the UNIQLO flagship store in London is adequately lavish and eye-catching. The GOERTZ team installed media technology on several floors: In the entrance area, an LED video wall welcomes visitors to the store. UNIQLO employees can activate the 16 meter (52 feet) wall to show video material. Other media technology highlights include escalators with an LED ticker, displays as individual monitors in the checkout area, as 1x4 display columns or a 3x3 video split wall. The sound system and the PA system for the five-storey store were also designed and implemented by GOERTZ.
• 18 columns in the store with 1x4 46“ displays
• Video wall 3x3 displays 46“ on the third floor in the kids department
• 3 checkout areas with a total of 14 x 46“ displays
• Lift area with a total of two 46“ displays
• Escalator with LED ticker
• Sound system with TOA loudspeakers as well as PA microphones on five floors