NEC Solutions Zone
Solution that empowers advertising agencies and retailers to broadcast their brand story to the world by providing them with the easiest digital signage solution on the market.
We offer the easiest dynamic display solution out there. It empowers users to create an infinite variety of content scenarios and high-impact messages perfectly tailored to their needs and context.
We empower communicators to showcase their stories and to transform every screen into an opportunity to engage with their target audience. We enable them to be creative, agile and responsive in the design and delivery of their broadcast scenarios.
Today, more than 12,000 screens are being managed via our platform in 32 countries for companies such as Shell, Phenix Group, Mama Shelter, Spie, Lagardère Travel Retail, Boulanger or even Axa and Etam.
As part of the Alliance partnership with NEC Display Solutions, Cenareo Content Management System is availalbe to be installed directly from the NEC MediaPlayer.
The Challenge: Customers want to be able to experience your brand and your story with all of their senses and across all channels. Interactive touchpoints in sales areas and showrooms or at events create a point of experience for your target group.
The Solution: First we have to attract the attention of potential customers. One way to do so is by using Virtual Promoter, a life-size avatar that reacts to people walking by and establishes an extraordinary form of customer interaction controlled by gestures.
- 84" stand alone Screen (NEC) with integrated speakers for sound and a software to control the system via gestures.
- Scalable worldwide.
- Patented for Europe.
- Part of the Connected Experience.
„I’m very pleased by the successful test campaign with AMERIA’s Virtual Promoter in our Saturn stores. This interactive tool has greatly enriched the customer experience at the POS, paving the way for more digital signage ideas.“
Martin Wild – Chief Digital Officer of MediaMarktSaturn Retail Group
Yodeck - Cloud Digital Signage on the Raspberry Pi
Who said that Digital Signage is just about the Display or the Player? Yodeck.com is a complete Digital Signage cloud service that powers thousands of screens around the world and used by big brands, such as Dominos, Pizza Hut, Delta and UPS.
What can you do with Yodeck?
- Manage what gets displayed on public screens, how, and when it gets displayed
- Show combined layouts of Videos/PPT, Images, YouTube, Web, Live Streams, RSS Tickers, Widgets
- Use the same Player for Digital Signage and In-Store Audio
- Super-Easy Central Management Dashboard
- One Yodeck Player Connected to Each Monitor
- Simple & Affordable Pricing: Monthly/Annual Fee per Monitor
- Innovative Features Coming Up
What is unique about Yodeck?
Yodeck combines three characteristics that, together, make it unique:
- Designed for Low-Cost Player Hardware - currently works with:
- NEC Vxx4 & Pxx4 series displays, or
- external Raspberry Pi 3 Player we provide, ready to be used
- any Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3, Zero, Compute Module
- playback is hardware-accelerated on all options, for smooth playback
- Affordable service pricing - with remote support and software updates included
- Easy but Powerful Management Dashboard - supports any kind of content you can think of, while still staying simple so that anyone can use it
Why is Yodeck better than others?
- Unparallel Content Compatibility
- Typical Media: Images (any format), Videos (any format), Web Sites and HTML ZIP files
- Documents: PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Streams: YouTube, Ustream, HLS, UDP, RTP and more
- Widgets: RSS Tickers (Scrolling Texts), clocks, Weather, and more
- Flexible & Easy Management
- Intuitive Web User Interface, so that any User or Department (HR, Marketing, etc) can manage content
- Mass-manage huge number of Media, with folders
- Create Playlists, with instant transitions between all types of content
- Define Shows (layouts), arranging Media/Playlists in a drag-and-drop screen layout editor
- Schedule playback, with a calendar-like view
- Easily manage thousands of screens using Tags
- Sub-Playlists and Tag-based Playlists for handling large collections of Media
- Proof-of-Play (Playback Reports)
- Enhanced Connectivity
- Ethernet (embedded or USB), WiFi (embedded or USB), 3G/4G/LTE (USB)
- HTTP Proxies, Web Filtering Access List, DHCP/StaticIP, and any networking configuration required
- Works over poor connections, can withstand total Internet outage of up to 30 days.
- Video-Wall Support (using 1 Player per screen + 1 "Master" Player)
- Increased Security
- Multiple Users with Permissions
- Detailed Access Control with "Workspaces", ideal for multiple content managers across different locations
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Encrypted Digital Signatures for verifying scheduling authenticity
- TLS for communication and content authenticity
- Hardened Player software, Firewalled
- Single-Sign On using SAML
- IP Whitelisting for Users
- Custom Password Policy
- Try Before You Buy
Who is using Yodeck and for what?
Yodeck is currently serving customers in the following industries:
- Menuboards - from small diners and cafes, incl. big brands like Dominos, Pizza Hut and McDonalds
- Internal Communications - companies of varying size and usage, incl. brands like Delta, Heineken and UPS
- Retail - businesses with physical store in a huge selection of retail industries, incl. brands like Flight Centre and American Express
- Dashboards / KPIs - display any kind of statistics and reports live on screens. incl. Brookhaven National Laboratory that use Yodeck to display status and statistics from their NSLS II particle accelerator.
- Transportation - from train stations schedule screens, to airports like Perth Airport
- Hospitality - used in tens of Hotels, in reception screens, Hotel channels, even pay-per-view STBs
- Healthcare - clinics, vetinaries, dentists, and more
- Betting - Betting Operators for in-shop live streaming and data feeds
- Education - several school districts, private schools, universities, research labs
- Promotional - countless businesses promoting their own services and activities
- Ad Networks - partners building networks, selling display time
With thousands of customers and more than 120 Partners in 30+ countries around the world, Yodeck can help any business make the best out of their screens.
info-beamer hosted offers a full digital signage platform optimized specifically for the Raspberry Pi. It makes use of all available hardware features of the Pi to deliver perfectly smooth, completely predicable and reliable results. All controlled by a cloud dashboard. Key features include:
- Hardware accelerated playback of FullHD (and 4K on the Pi4) videos.
- Perfectly smooth animations with full hardware support.
- A powerful web dashboard to manage one or thousands of devices.
- Programmatic control using a REST-APIs for complete automation and integration in other (existing) systems.
- Automatic security updates.
- A robust operating system with built-in self-checks and repairs.
- Various Video Wall options across any number of displays.
The platform makes it easy to create custom solutions for any use-case thanks to the complete REST-API, documentation and open design: Easily integrate existing infrastructure like content management or point of sale systems. Fine grained permissions allows controlled and secure account access for collaboration. Provided or custom developed digital signage solutions can be easily and reliably deployed on any number of devices thanks an incredibly simple installation process.
Draco OPS+ KVM extender
The Draco OPS/OPS+ KVM extender simplifies the installation, operation and management of remote displays in retail signage, passenger information, medical and other applications.
A single module inserted into a standard OPS+ socket delivers HD and 4K video and digital audio connectivity, with full interactivity. Single wire connection – Cat X or fiber enables remote connection to displays up to 140 m / 10 km from the media source.
For hard-to-access and highly secure installations and for better system management the Draco OPS+ KVM extender delivers the ideal solution.
- High performance AV extension – Lossless video to 4K 60Hz, 4:4:4
- Single wire connection – Up to 140 m – 10 Km (Cat X and fiber)
- Safe, secure - Prevents eavesdropping and unauthorized access
- Flexible, instant switching – Matrix switchable, 8 – 576 ports
- Fully interactive – Instant USB 2.0, USB 3.0 data transfer
- Reliable - Built-in redundancy, hardware back-up
- Enhanced management – Monitoring and control of signage systems
- Ideal for signage applications – Retail, public venues, transport, finance
The Draco OPS+ KVM extender is compatible with every display with an OPS+ slot. Backward compatibility with OPS displays..
Flexible, maintainable and reliable
Allows displays to be located anywhere, with single cable connection and no additional power or network cables..
Maintains full interactivity for single/multi-touch and gesture displays.
Source switching: any source to any display
A KVM matrix switch enables simple connection of any source, of any signal type to any display; ensuring the right content is seen on every screen, whenever it is needed and wherever it is. Through a convenient user control interface or bespoke controller.
Reliability and continuous operation
By centrally locating source computers, system maintenance and up-time is improved. Controlled switching and enhanced monitoring from a central point raises confidence in the operational integrity of the display network.
Security in Operation
KVM extenders greatly enhance security by restricting physical access and preventing electrical intrusion. With controlled access to computers and secured access rights, only authorized personnel can reach sensitive and critical source devices.
Context-aware Retail Signage: Clas Ohlson - In the Clas Ohlson flagship store located in the recently opened Mall of Scandinavia in Stockholm, NEC teamed up with SMS/Smart Media Solutions, and Smartsign to create a new digitalized display solution that interacts with customers and shows commercial messages.
First, the screen was prepared with leafengine sensor technology and Smartsign software in the integrated computer - the Slot-in PC located on the back of the screen. Next, the screen was mounted in the custom made and stable stand, created by SMS/Smart Media Solutions. Two sensors were installed – one sensor senses if someone gets closer than one meter to the screen and the other one, a light-sensor, senses when the product is lifted from the shelf at the stand. The sensors were calibrated to be adapted to local light conditions. When the sensors are triggered, new messages appear on the screen. The stand integrates a professional NEC 40” display, leafengine sensor technology, two sensors and Smartsign software, along with the retail products from Kärcher and a product demonstration video. All in all, Clas Ohlson got a new integrated in-store display that engages with customers through a digital visual solution.
NEC leafengine - Making digital signage interactive with leafengine, a unified sensor - software connectivity that enables access to a broad catalogue of sensors, including gender and age classification, proximity detection, NFC, QR-Codes and many others.
BroadSign is the leading ad tech company providing secure and reliable automated digital signage software to media owners and operators across the globe. Enabling the effective management of dynamic content across complex global networks, BroadSign powers over 120,000 displays in venues such as airports, shopping malls, health clinics and cinemas.
BroadSign’s software suite includes BroadSign Core for content distribution, playback and proof of performance, BroadSign Serv Direct for sales inventory availability and proposal generation, and BroadSign Serv SSP for exposure to new buyers through a customized programmatic digital out-of-home solution.
Strimy is a very simple and versatile digital signage service: it’s the ideal solution for strong and effective visual communication. It can be used for information purposes, advertising and/or entartainment.
The client-server technology allows you to manage hundreds of monitors, at the same time, located anywhere. With a few clicks on the web interface, you can upload multimedia files into the cloud, define rss sources and schedule your contents.
The monitors can be managed individually or jointly, and at your convenience.
Strimy has been natively developed for Raspberry Pi.
It needs a 24/24h internet connection; however it’s not a streaming service: the scheduled contents are downloaded to local memory before being played, so it’s ensured to work even with intermittent connection, without bandwith consumption.
If the requirements are satisfied, Strimy is ready to work: at first boot you’ll see on screen an unique code, that has to be entered from the web interface to complete activation.
QEII CENTRE ACHIEVES RECORD OCCUPANCY LEVELS WITH NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGY
WHY WERE WE REQUIRED?
As part of an intensive refurbishment and rebranding programme, the central London events venue sought a next generation technology transformation to boost visitor numbers.
HOW DID WE SOLVE THE PROBLEM?
Installed a 9 panel NEC video wall and twenty-four 29” NEC screens to display high quality, dynamic content. The screens are controlled by the centre's own backend system, giving the QEII centre the flexibility to create and manage its real-time content.
WHAT WAS THE RESULT?
The venue has risen like a phoenix from its dated 80s shroud to present a modern, highly functional space benefiting from the latest technology and resulting a 20% increase in both occupancy levels and revenue over two years.
Hosting more than 400 national and international events every year, the QEII Conference Centre is the largest dedicated conference, events and exhibition space in Westminster, central London.
Opened in 1986 by Her Majesty the Queen, the last 30 years has seen the QEII Centre successfully establish itself as a world class facility for gamechangers, innovators and thought leaders amongst a vast array of industries, companies and brands.
In 2014, the QEII Centre commissioned in-depth research and competitor analysis revealing that the facility 'was of an outdated and unwelcoming interior which was confusing to navigate', said Deborah Jones, AV/IT sales manager at QEII Live, (the brand given to the Centre’s in-house AV team).
This instigated a period of transformation and a £12 million capital investment refurbishment programme which affected every aspect of the organisation with AV technical facilities absolutely central to its redesign.
‘In the first year of our business plan we invested and transformed the foyer area, converting it from a dated travel lounge with full airport scanners at the entrance to a light, airy and modern foyer with sexy digital signage including a quad resolution video wall from NEC,’ says Deborah Jones.
Impressed with its narrow bezelled video wall displays, the QEII Centre chose the NEC brand to fulfil its display requirements in the foyer. The 55” ultra-narrow display installed by AVMI, synchronises fast moving content across all 9 screens to create a stunning 4K resolution digital canvas located in prime position opposite the main entrance driven by a ONELAN 4K player along with a DataPath wallcontroller.
AVMI designed professional templates for the video wall that accommodate different zones such as a live Twitter feed, information on live and upcoming events, imagery and logos. The content is dynamic with real time event information pulled from the Centre’s own back-end system.
When multiple events are taking place simultaneously, visitors can instantly identify the correct check-in area with the help of twenty four purpose built airport style check-in desks installed by AVMI and powered by ONELAN HD10F-S players. Each individual high definition 29" ultra-wide NEC screen shows flexible bespoke customer information such as the appropriate logo, registration instructions and way-finding information.
Working collaboratively with QEII, AVMI's Digital Media division helped create full motion 3D animation, animated background graphics and time-lapse photography of iconic London scenes helping them to reinforce their brand with modern and engaging content.
Now spacious, bright and welcoming with stylish terrazzo flooring, raised ceilings, a concierge desk, video wall and sleek reception desks, the entrance is a world apart from the dark, retro look of old. Since the foyer refurbishment, the Centre has also installed a number of NEC displays including large format screens with protection glass elsewhere in public areas around the building, as well as fortyfour wayfinding screens powered by ONELAN Net-Top-Boxes.
Stylish remodelling of interiors and investment in high speed, next generation technology have futureproofed the venue for years to come, making it a modern and highly functional space.
Esprit Digital were selected to provide a full digital solution to Elan Media in the Mall of Qatar. In partnership with local integrator AVT Audio Visual Technology in Doha.
As an advertising network in a mall it is second-to-none anywhere in the world and has already proven a commercial success with brands from all market sectors. As standalone pieces of digital furniture deployed throughout a billion-dollar retail environment, they have been universally accepted and are currently being rolled out to other sites across the Middle East.
The client brief for this project was simple: create the biggest and best digital shopper environment in the Middle East. To date only a few airports in the region have embraced digital screen technology as a perfect medium to enhance their customer’s journeys and malls have almost exclusively stayed with traditional paper advertising systems. This will all change now as the Mall of Qatar has significantly raised the bar and demonstrated to undeniable effect how a well-thought out, well-planned, beautifully designed digital hardware installation can be a key differentiator in a competitive sector like shopping centres.
Esprit built totally bespoke double sided 70” LCD Pods (MUPI’s) which utilise the NEC P703 700Nit display. These highly stylised, iconic structures incorporate our latest Cortex thermal and remote management technology, which means maintenance visits are extremely rare if ever – almost any issue can be resolved from our Network Operating Centres around the world. Other features of this remarkable unit include LED side strips that change colour with content, full audience measurement, iBeacons and ClearSpace™, Esprit Digital’s proprietary sensor system which warns management of obstructions to their screens.
“From the beginning of this project we were very clear in our minds what we wanted to deliver. Very simply, a world class Digital OOH installation that would utilise the very latest and best technology available, would match the look and feel of the mall, and be a commercial success. We were also very clear about the type of partner
we needed, not just for access to the technology, but for design and implementation, and advice – delivering a real partnership. Esprit Digital have done all of this and more, and I am delighted that we selected them for this project”.
Jamie Ball, COO Elan Media.
LASER PROJECTION UNIT - MG PX1004 designed for NEC PX1004UL • NEC DLP-Laser Projector-Protection System with integrated dual-circuit cooling circulation system and high-power NEC DLP-Laser Projector-Unit for maintenance-free continuous operation up to 20.000 hours.
With the new LASER PROJECTION UNIT MG PX1004 we brought today’s standards of energy-saving and reliable long-term projector usage on a new level. The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 is currently – despite its high-performance light output of 10.000 ANSI Lumen - the most energy-saving and silent DLP-Laser Projector-Protection System of its kind. The low energy consumption was realized through a self-regulating performance adjustment in all units. It reacts extremly fast on temperature fluctuations and adjusts the needed cooling- and heating output in seconds. With this, even extreme temperature ranges from -20 °C to +48 °C (with Winter-Option/High Power Option) will be covered effortlessly in convenient long term usage.
In addition, the in- and outdoor projection system convinces through its extremely low operating noise and a maintenance-friendly system design. The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 is qualified for the continuous operation in adverse conditions such as subways, baths, dusty factory buildings, clammy caves, shopping malls as well as for outdoor use of all kinds.
The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 impresses with its excellent 4K signal processing and delivers pictures in best cinema quality. The native resolution of 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA), flexible inputs as well as the optional 3 years Europe-wide customer service package complete the "all-round carefree package".
- Image converter DarkChip DLP-Laser phosphor
- Light output 10.000 ANSI Lumen
- Resolution 1.920 x 1.200 (WUXGA)
- Inputs HDBaseT, DisplayPort, HDMI
- Ambient temperat. 1 °C (-20°) up to +48 °C
- Ambient humidity < 80 % rel. humidity
- Ventilation power In-circle 800 m³/h
- Air exchange rate < 2 Seconds
FEATURES & FUNCTIONS
- High resolution WUXGA projection system
- Aluminum housing in the desired color
- Noise reduction with sonic dampeners
- Self regulating performance adaption
- Electronic thermostat – PID regulation with desired temperatur
- Automatic condensate evaporation
- Integrated malfunction detector
- Anti-reflective front glass with fan
- Modular construction / stackable for tandem
- Lockable swing lever locks
- Large doors for easy maintenance
- Vandal-proof, robust design
- Optional: Isolation; winter-option
Fashion Retailer - UNIQLO Flagship Store London
A busy shopping street: With support from GOERTZ, UNIQLO opened a state-of-the-art flagship store in London’s Oxford Street, one of the most important and profitable shopping streets in Europe.
You can’t be modest if you want to make it in the Oxford Street area – many big brands compete for customers here. The design for the UNIQLO flagship store in London is adequately lavish and eye-catching. The GOERTZ team installed media technology on several floors: In the entrance area, an LED video wall welcomes visitors to the store. UNIQLO employees can activate the 16 meter (52 feet) wall to show video material. Other media technology highlights include escalators with an LED ticker, displays as individual monitors in the checkout area, as 1x4 display columns or a 3x3 video split wall. The sound system and the PA system for the five-storey store were also designed and implemented by GOERTZ.
• 18 columns in the store with 1x4 46“ displays
• Video wall 3x3 displays 46“ on the third floor in the kids department
• 3 checkout areas with a total of 14 x 46“ displays
• Lift area with a total of two 46“ displays
• Escalator with LED ticker
• Sound system with TOA loudspeakers as well as PA microphones on five floors
Car Dealer Flagship Store with LED Video Wall - In and around Düsseldorf, the Moll Group stands for exclusive “car performance”. Its showroom received a technical upgrade for the McLaren, Lamborghini und Aston Martin premium sports car brands.
It is obvious: super sports cars have to be presented in style. At Moll in Düsseldorf the decision was made to use a generously dimensioned, high-resolution LED wall. The feed goes through a system supplied by a company called ~sedna and is realised by means of Apple components. Sports car customers are not only receptive to visual stimulation, though, a full, rich sound is usually also important to them. That is why the GOERTZ team relied on a powerful Bose sound system for the showroom, installing a total of 16 ceiling loudspeakers and four ceiling subwoofers.
Individuality was the motto for this store concept – in line with this, Moll as the customer gets to create and manage content himself. The LED wall as well as multi-zone sound and lighting are controlled very comfortably via an iPad.
SAP Arena - The SAP Arena, which seats 15,000 people, is just the right setting for sport competitions, exciting events and spectacular music acts. In the redesign of the VIP area, GOERTZ used high-end media technology.
Unpretentious design but a convincing visual effect: The video wall consisting of 8x3 frameless displays for the SAP Arena in Mannheim is more than eight metres (26 ft.) wide. In addition to brilliant large images (resolution 15,360 x 3,240 pixels), each display can also be activated separately with full HD. What is also special about this wall is that it can display 32 layers at the same time.
The video wall installation in the VIP area of the SAP Arena welcomes visitors with its impressive overall appearance. The brilliant colours and the high quality of the Displays, accompanied by a seamless arrangement, reproduce superb moving pictures and information with barely any perceptible image transitions.
The convergence of IPTV and Digital Signage...
The Intevi IDT range is a feature rich hardware & software solution for the delivery of digital video streams and managed content over an IP network to TV Displays and PCs. The Digital Television Range is designed to be a simple to use, yet fully functional solution, with features that will help your organisation manage and distribute a range of media sources.
IPTV Systems have a number of benefits over traditional TV delivery systems including: ease of setup/operation, usage of existing infastructure and when required, displays can be added to allow for a fully scalable system that grows with your business needs. The modular head end supports both terrestrial and satellite feeds with support for DVB T / T2 / S / S2 / C / QAM and ATSC. Encoded feeds such as Sky boxes, cameras or DVD Players in SD or full HD can also be handled by the system.
The multi user web based central management system allows for total control and through the portal, users can easily configure and manage all the hardware through a single interface. Templates can be applied to brand the TV channels and the messages or alerts can be sent to individual groups or all screens.
Set top boxes are managed in groups, enabling unique channel line ups, templates and defaults to be set and controlled centrally. A mobile application extends this simple control to your handheld device.