Projector Stacking Solutions
Network-based Control and Asset Management Software
Stacking is a low cost, flexible way to achieve up to 44,000 ANSI Lumen from our standard projectors. It involves placing up to four projectors across for instance, an auditorium, so that brightness can be multiplied and redundancy is achieved in the event that one projector or more are not operating.
With stacking, the on-screen image isn’t blocked when the presenter walks past the front of the screen as the unblocked projectors still can project their image filling up to 75% brightness in the shadowed area.
In addition NEC has created simple to use but powerful Stacking Correction software so that you can quickly and easily achieve a perfect set-up. A stacking configuration is easy because of the Geometric Correction Processing built into the projectors, the camera for the processing and the newly developed dedicated software when installing the projector. Since the adjustment data will be stored in the projector, the PC and the camera are no longer required after initial setup.
NEC Stacking Solutions operate with differing ANSI Lumen projectors. Suitable NEC projector series are PA, PX and PH series.
The NEC Advantage
- Highest brightness for half system cost
- Professional and flexible installation
- Easy and quick set-up
- Long-term cost and environmental savings
- NEC service and performance guarantee
- Large Conference Rooms
- Lecture halls
- Shopping Malls
- Stage shows
- Consumer shows
- Public Displays
- Sports events
Windows XP/Vista 32-bit
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and Sun Microsystems Java (Version 6 update 7 or later)
Canon: EOS Kiss X2, Logitech: QCAM-200S/QCAM-200V
The model names are for Japan. The model name may vary depending on the countries and regions.
Simple steps to Set-Up Stacking
- Place the selected projectors alongside each other
- Power up each Projector
- Perform rough Optical Adjustment of Focus Zoom and Lens Shift so all Projected Images are just covering the screen
- Connect all Projectors to a common network via LAN or WLAN
- Set up a standard camera or Web Cam
- Open the NEC Stacking Correction Program
- The Software will find the addresses of all projectors on the network automatically
- The Camera settings are checked using a standard test pattern sent to the projector via the network
- The software automatically adjusts each Projector using Various Camera Images of Test Patterns
- The Stacking Set up is completed after 2-3 minutes. the frame of the screen was detected automatically
This video illustrates the easy setup on the example of the NEC NP3250 projector: