NEC Solutions Zone
Virtual Reality 3D is an image of artificial reality, created with the use of Information Technology.
Virtual Reality is mixing and interacting with our real world more and more often. It serves us as a tool that
drastically reduces the cost of such activities as: researching, designing or gaining experience.
Virtual Reality has many practical applications. It is primarily used for training, science and simulation. In such
fields of our lives as army, industrial engineering or medicine, Virtual Reality is an invaluable tool for totally safe
training of the staff working every day at high risk operations. The contents, experiences, all the elements of Virtual Reality are as close as possible to the real ones and they let simulate situations that may happen in real life.
Virtual reality can also create artificial and imaginary world that can stimulate our imagination: the world, in
which essential, well-known principles and laws can be broken and replaced with others. It allows you to sense
emotions, which real world is not able to provide us with.
Creating Virtual Reality system is a complex process, in which firstly we have to establish the purpose and the
main functionality. At the preliminary stage, depending on our needs, an appropriate system of projection has to be chosen for our application.
The company Integra AV creates professionally 3D Virtual Reality Systems and delivers complete VR solutions,which include:
»» 3D Projection Systems
»» Motion Tracking Systems
»» Software for displaying an optimized image for the projection system being applied
»» Control Systems
»» Audio Systems
»» Mechanical Systems
»» Pneumatic systems
Draco OPS+ KVM extender
The Draco OPS/OPS+ KVM extender simplifies the installation, operation and management of remote displays in retail signage, passenger information, medical and other applications.
A single module inserted into a standard OPS+ socket delivers HD and 4K video and digital audio connectivity, with full interactivity. Single wire connection – Cat X or fiber enables remote connection to displays up to 140 m / 10 km from the media source.
For hard-to-access and highly secure installations and for better system management the Draco OPS+ KVM extender delivers the ideal solution.
- High performance AV extension – Lossless video to 4K 60Hz, 4:4:4
- Single wire connection – Up to 140 m – 10 Km (Cat X and fiber)
- Safe, secure - Prevents eavesdropping and unauthorized access
- Flexible, instant switching – Matrix switchable, 8 – 576 ports
- Fully interactive – Instant USB 2.0, USB 3.0 data transfer
- Reliable - Built-in redundancy, hardware back-up
- Enhanced management – Monitoring and control of signage systems
- Ideal for signage applications – Retail, public venues, transport, finance
The Draco OPS+ KVM extender is compatible with every display with an OPS+ slot. Backward compatibility with OPS displays..
Flexible, maintainable and reliable
Allows displays to be located anywhere, with single cable connection and no additional power or network cables..
Maintains full interactivity for single/multi-touch and gesture displays.
Source switching: any source to any display
A KVM matrix switch enables simple connection of any source, of any signal type to any display; ensuring the right content is seen on every screen, whenever it is needed and wherever it is. Through a convenient user control interface or bespoke controller.
Reliability and continuous operation
By centrally locating source computers, system maintenance and up-time is improved. Controlled switching and enhanced monitoring from a central point raises confidence in the operational integrity of the display network.
Security in Operation
KVM extenders greatly enhance security by restricting physical access and preventing electrical intrusion. With controlled access to computers and secured access rights, only authorized personnel can reach sensitive and critical source devices.
At the University of West of Scotland (UWS), a new technology-rich reception area has been created at the entrance to the Paisley campus named as “The Atrium”
The centre-piece of which is a single monolith, digital display wall:
- comprising of 32 off NEC X463UN 46” video wall displays in an 8x4 array
- overall size of the whole combine display is approx. 8.36 x 2.48M
Control is provided by a PIPView BlackBIRD video wall controller:
- managing a digital canvas of 32 displays each @ 1920x1080
- total native resolution of 15,360 x 4,320 available
- input of 16 channels – with 12 of these at 4K with stereo audio
There is a further video wall which is located behind the reception desk, control again is via another PIPView BlackBIRD unit:
- this is in a 3x3 array with the same 46” video wall display units
- total native resolution is 5,760 x 3,240
- with 4 off 4K inputs
For ease of operation, the system uses pre-set layout templates, easily selectable from a touch panel in reception.
With both video walls; to maintain quality across the whole digital canvas from the various input sources, all screens are driven at native HD resolution with the ability to display any input, any size, in any position (PIP picture in picture).
Jim O’Donnell, CIO at UWS commented “the new display area is incredible, it has been a huge hit with our students and staff alike. The technology will allow students to share digital output, bringing to life a key element of our DREAM-BELIEVE-ACHIEVE focus”
Located in Glasgow, Scotland the installation was completed in Spring 2016
The new facility was officially opened by H.R.H. the Princess Royal during a visit to the Campus on 12th February.
LASER PROJECTION UNIT - MG PX1004 designed for NEC PX1004UL • NEC DLP-Laser Projector-Protection System with integrated dual-circuit cooling circulation system and high-power NEC DLP-Laser Projector-Unit for maintenance-free continuous operation up to 20.000 hours.
With the new LASER PROJECTION UNIT MG PX1004 we brought today’s standards of energy-saving and reliable long-term projector usage on a new level. The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 is currently – despite its high-performance light output of 10.000 ANSI Lumen - the most energy-saving and silent DLP-Laser Projector-Protection System of its kind. The low energy consumption was realized through a self-regulating performance adjustment in all units. It reacts extremly fast on temperature fluctuations and adjusts the needed cooling- and heating output in seconds. With this, even extreme temperature ranges from -20 °C to +48 °C (with Winter-Option/High Power Option) will be covered effortlessly in convenient long term usage.
In addition, the in- and outdoor projection system convinces through its extremely low operating noise and a maintenance-friendly system design. The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 is qualified for the continuous operation in adverse conditions such as subways, baths, dusty factory buildings, clammy caves, shopping malls as well as for outdoor use of all kinds.
The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 impresses with its excellent 4K signal processing and delivers pictures in best cinema quality. The native resolution of 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA), flexible inputs as well as the optional 3 years Europe-wide customer service package complete the "all-round carefree package".
- Image converter DarkChip DLP-Laser phosphor
- Light output 10.000 ANSI Lumen
- Resolution 1.920 x 1.200 (WUXGA)
- Inputs HDBaseT, DisplayPort, HDMI
- Ambient temperat. 1 °C (-20°) up to +48 °C
- Ambient humidity < 80 % rel. humidity
- Ventilation power In-circle 800 m³/h
- Air exchange rate < 2 Seconds
FEATURES & FUNCTIONS
- High resolution WUXGA projection system
- Aluminum housing in the desired color
- Noise reduction with sonic dampeners
- Self regulating performance adaption
- Electronic thermostat – PID regulation with desired temperatur
- Automatic condensate evaporation
- Integrated malfunction detector
- Anti-reflective front glass with fan
- Modular construction / stackable for tandem
- Lockable swing lever locks
- Large doors for easy maintenance
- Vandal-proof, robust design
- Optional: Isolation; winter-option