NEC Display Solutions takes cinema experience to a whole new level at CineEurope 2017
Innovative solutions will highlight NEC’s vision for all stages of the customer journey in next generation movie theatres
Munich, 14 June 2017 – NEC Display Solutions Europe will present its latest display and projection solutions for delivering the premium cinema experience at CineEurope 2017 in Barcelona, Spain on 20-22 June 2017.
Today’s cinema operators are tasked with taking visitors on a visual journey, creating a premium entertainment experience to encourage repeat custom and longer visits. At CineEurope, NEC will showcase laser cinema projection and digital signage solutions that help create immersive and engaging door-to-door experiences for cinema-goers, while increasing revenues for operators. On its stand (Suite C) NEC will exhibit its latest laser projection solutions for all types of cinema screens. Alongside these will be signage solutions designed to capture cinema-goers’ attention and LED technology innovations for cinema-wide applications.
The main highlights will include:
- On show for the first time, NEC’s NC3541L is a brand-new cinema projector featuring ground-breaking RB laser technology. It’s ideal for large and premium format cinema screens up to 32 metres. By pioneering this technology, NEC is setting new standards for digital cinema projection. This combination of both laser phosphor and RGB laser technologies delivers a powerful projector with compelling benefits in terms of cost, operational efficiency and immersive image quality. The new projector will be available from September 2017.
- The latest flagship NC3540LS solution. A 4K RGB cinema projector with IPG Technology’s Laser Light Source, it is best suited for large and premium cinema screens. The NC3540LS delivers 35,000 lumens brightness, outstanding resolution and colour performance. It offers a visual experience that enables cinemas to remain at the cutting edge of projection technology whilst enhancing the experience for their customers.
- Laser phosphor projection with the NC1700L. It uses the first RB laser light source for cinemas worldwide. Designed for mid-sized screen theatres, the solution delivers an enhanced cinematic experience with its high brightness output.
- The compact NC1000C projection solution. Ideal for theatres with smaller screens, small projection booths or mobile cinemas, it offers powerful performance and great value for money.
- A showcase of digital and interactive customer engagement, marketing and point of sale solutions, including applications implemented with NEC’s CineEurope 2017 stand partner, Beaver Group, designed to engage customers at every step of the cinema journey from front door to seat.
- Visitors will see how large format digital displays can enliven box offices, refreshments concessions and bars with dynamic, constantly updated menus, upsell offers, movie branding and purchase suggestions. Also, how digital displays and touch screen surfaces such as tables can be used to promote current and future movies, gamify the cinema-going and food and beverage experience, as well as stagger customer flow in revenue-generating areas of the building by providing captivating multimedia experiences in place of static movie posters.
Mark Kendall, Cinema Business Development EMEA at NEC Display Solutions Europe commented: “NEC is continuously working on evolving its cinema offering and introducing innovations to best address the needs of the industry. This year, we are especially proud to showcase our NC3541L RB laser technology projector, which is setting a new standard for modern, premium cinemas. CineEurope is a great platform for us to connect with key influencers in the European cinema industry, exchange ideas and get inspiration for future innovations.”
CineEurope is the largest and longest-running European convention and trade show for the cinema community. It provides visitors with a unique platform to connect, gain knowledge and share experiences. The conference offers exclusive studio screenings and product presentations, access to cinematic technologies and innovations, as well as educational seminars.
For more updates follow us on Twitter at @NEC_Display_EU and keep an eye on the hashtags #CineEurope and #Cinema.